Raising Funds for MacMillan Cancer Support
We have raised over £250,000 since we started in 2008.
Each of our riders will be issued with a Pink Mohawk, sponsored to Breast Way Round by Hairy-RS, along with a Hi visibility vest sponsored to Breast Way Round by Motorcycle Law Scotland. The rest of the pink is up to each rider... :)
Who are we?
- A group of female bikers who gather together and take over the West Coast of Scotland for a weekend to raise funds for MacMillan Cancer Support. Started in 2008 as thanks and recognition for the help and support given and as a way of giving something back. In the past six years we have raised a staggering £251, 656.08!
What are our aims?
- To firstly raise funds for MacMillan Cancer Support.
- To raise the profile of female bikers.
- Have FUN!
- Scotland Run: 2014 Run will take place on 30th May to 1st June 2014. A resounding success, with the weather fairies shining down on us. 3 days of sunshine.... in Scotland.... yes really!
Can anyone take part?
- Yes! We are increasing the number of places available from 80 to 150. If you are interested in joining us, email us at email@example.com for a registration pack. We are happy to answer any queries you may have.
But I only ride a 125cc bike on L plates...
- Thats fine, as long as it's not any less than a 125cc motorcycle. We have riders with all levels of ability taking part in the ride, you will be within a group of riders with similar ability. We ride in smaller groups as safety of both of riders and other people is paramount. The route is planned and the group leaders are familiar with where they are going. Groups are put together taking into account riding abiltiy and experience, however we do suggest that you should be able to ride to the speed limit, when it is safe to do so.
- All that is required is that your bike is road legal (taxed, insured and if relevant has a MOT), and that you have full Breakdown recovery - including return to home in case of some major mechanical failure. We provide support, not breakdown cover. You should also check with your insurance company that return to home is covered in the event of an accident.
- We leave Kilmarnock Football ground and travel to our first nights stop at Oban via Gourock and Inverary.
- Day 2 sees us travel to Fort William to Aviemore via Spean Bridge and back to Fort William.
- Day 3 we ride through the magnificent Glencoe, along the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond to our final destination at the Loch Lomond Shores complex in Balloch.
Where do we stay?
- The team have worked hard over the years to gain agreement from one hotel and a campsite in Oban and Fort William to give us discounted rates. When you register, you will be provided with details of these, but you arrange this yourself, unless you are camping. Many of the group stay in Bed and Breakfast, other hotels, or hostels. If you are staying somewhere cheaper than the discounted hotel, you may want to consider the costs of taxis to and from your accomodation too.
What other events have we planned?
We have a series of events planned for 2014. Have a look at the Events page.