Raising Funds for MacMillan Cancer Support
Help us reach our target of £250,000 in 6 years.
Each of our riders will be issued with a Pink Mohawk sponsored to Breast Way Round by Hairy-RS (www.hairy.rs.com) along with a Hi visibility vest sponsored to Breast Way Round by Motorcycle Law Scotland. The rest of the pink is up to each rider..... :)
Breast Way Round announce the date of their end of year party. Black and White Ball.... 9th November 2013, Park Hotel, Kilmarnock. This will be a Dinner Dance, with live music, raffle, auction and cheque presentation to MacMillan Cancer Support.
Breast Way Round expands to Northern Ireland, AUGUST 24TH AND 25TH. A 2 day event like no other seen in Northern Ireland previously. The team are well on their way planning this event to make it an event for you calendar every year. For more details, please contact email@example.com - Lisa Moore and her team will be happy to help you.
Who are we?
- A group of female bikers who gather together and take over the West Coast of Scotland for a weekend to raise funds for MacMillan Cancer Support. Started in 2008 by our founder Shirley-Ann, who wanted to do something on the behalf of her friend Aly who was terminally ill with breast cancer. MacMillan Cancer Support had provided a great deal of help and support and this was Shirley-Ann's way of giving something back. In the past five years we have raised a staggering £212,000! Help us reach our 6th year goal of making it to the QUARTER OF A MILLION.
- To firstly raise funds for MacMillan Cancer Support.
- To raise the profile of female bikers.
- Have FUN!
- Scotland Run: 2013 Run will take place on 24th, 25th and 26th May.
- Northern Ireland Run: 2013 will take place 24th/25th August 2013.
Can anyone take part?
- Yes! NEWS update for 2013 - We are increasing the number of places available from 80 to 150. If you are interested in joining us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration pack. We are happy to answer any queries you may have.
But I only ride a 125cc bike on L plates...
- Thats fine, we have riders with all levels of ability taking part in the ride, you will be within a group of riders with similar ability. We ride in smaller groups as safety of both of riders and other people is paramount. The route is planned and the group leaders are familiar with where they are going. Groups are put together taking into account riding abiltiy and experience.
- We leave Kilmarnock Football ground and travel to our first nights stop at Oban via Gourock and Inverary.
- Day 2 sees us travel to Fort William, then continue in a loop covering Drumnadrochit, Inverness, Aviemore and back to Fort William.
- Day 3 we ride through the magnificent Glencoe, along the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond to our final destination at the Loch Lomond Shores complex in Balloch.
Where do we stay?
- The team have worked hard over the years to gain agreement from one hotel and a campsite in Oban and Fort William to give us discounted rates. When you register, you will be provided with details of these, but you arrange this yourself. Many of the group stay in Bed and Breakfast, other hotels, or hostels. If you are staying somewhere cheaper than the discounted hotel, you may want to consider the costs of taxis to and from your accomodation too.
What other events have we planned?
Open Day Mickey Oates, North Canal Street, Glasgow: 18th May. Come and meet the team, support MacMillan Cancer, cheque presentation, cakes and much more. 11am - 3pm.
The group are working hard on several events which will take place in May saw the return or our very own Jazz's "Rockfest", in Ayr. This was a fabulous day last year and raised over £3,500. The year will end with Black and White Ball. Again, details of this are still to be finalised but the date is 9th November, Park Hotel, Kilmarnock. We hope the year is as successful as it can possible be and wish to extend our thanks to everyone, supporters, riders, Macmillan and the team who organise the events. Without everyone working together we would not be able to achieve the outcomes we do.